If you have downloaded the PayByPhone Android app and find that your account information (phone number, license plate(s) etc...) is not being saved when you launch the app, it's likely due to the Android OS security requirement which requires your device to secured with a screen lock
Without a screen lock that enables device security features, the PayByPhone app cannot encrypt, store or retrieve secure login/personal identifiable information such as email address and vehicle plates.
In order to recover from the above please do the following:
- Sign out of PayByPhone or close the app via the recent apps button
- Go to your device Settings app
- Go to Security
- Choose Screen Lock
- Choose either PIN, Pattern or Password
- Configure a memorable screen lock
- Re-open the PayByPhone App and log in
If you prefer not to engage a screen lock but still wish to use PayByPhone, please visit https://m.paybyphone.co.uk via the Chrome browser on your device.