If you have downloaded the PayByPhone Android app and find that your account information (phone number, vehicle registration number, etc...) are not being saved when you launch the app, it's likely due to the Android OS security requirement that requires your device to secured with a screen lock.
Without a screen lock that enables device security features, the PayByPhone app cannot encrypt, store or retrieve secure login/personal identifiable information such as email address and vehicle registration numbers.
In order to fix this, please follow these steps:
- Sign out of PayByPhone or close the app via the recent apps button
- Go to your device Settings
- Go to Security
- Choose Screen Lock
- Choose either PIN, Pattern or Password
- Configure a memorable screen lock
- Re-open the PayByPhone app and log in
If you prefer not to engage a screen lock but still wish to use PayByPhone, please use our website paybyphone.co.uk.